2-6 oz Filet Royal Bass, Skin Scored
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 TBS Olive Oil
1) Lay fish on paper towel and make sure it is dry.
2) Heat medium size fry pan to medium high heat.
3) Season fish on both sides.
4) Sear fish, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes until skin is crispy and golden brown.
5) Flip over and cook appox. 2-3 minutes more until done.
6) Pour ragout onto plates and place fish crispy skin side up on top.
1/2 TBS Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
2/3 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, Stems Removed, Cleaned and Sliced
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup White Wine
1/2 TSP Fresh Thyme, Chopped
1 TBS Minced Chives
2/3 Cup Asparagus Tips
4 TBS Butter, Unsalted Chilled and cut into small chunks
1) In a large fry pan heat oil to medium high heat.
2) Add garlic, thyme and mushrooms and sear for 3 minutes.
3) Bring wine and chicken stock to rolling boil, add asparagus and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
4) Whisk 1 cube of butter until incorporated. Repeat process until all butter is used.
5) Add chives and season with salt & pepper to taste.
*NOTE: Make Ragout and set aside before you cook Royal Bass